Translator & Copywriter 80-100% (f/m/d)
Publication date:17 March 2023
Workload:80 – 100%
As an international leader in bridal fashion, Essense of Australia has been making bridal dreams come true for more than 20 years. With offices in Lenexa, Kansas, Perth, Australia, and Zug, Switzerland, our designs are sold in over 1,500 retail stores across the globe, including our network of company-owned and franchise stores, True Society. Located in the US and Europe, True Society is a collective of premier bridal shops that exclusively offers our designs and delivers the ultimate wedding dress shopping experience to brides of all styles, shapes, and sizes. Together, we are a dynamic and rapidly growing company focused on innovation, excellence, drive, and collaboration.
To join our team in Zug we are looking for a
Translator & Copywriter 80-100% (f/m/d)
This position will lead our written translation process, ensuring that store communications, content and marketing are accurately translated and retain their creative integrity and fluidity for the European market. This person will have primary responsibility for translating from English to German and work collaboratively with colleagues across departments and across the globe to execute communications and digital/social plans that meet business needs and resonate with audiences.
In addition to translations, the European Translator and Copywriter will also take the lead on creative German copywriting for the website, emails, signage and more and will consistently write with a level of sophistication that reflects our fashion expertise and credibility.
We are seeking an individual who brings their passion, curiosity, and creativity to work each day and thrives in a fun, collaborative and inspiring entrepreneurial environment!
What We Expect
- Support the Company’s translation process and edit/translate store communications, content, press releases, web site copy and more for internal and external audiences (English to German)
- Support creative, communications and retail departments in writing and translation needs
- Write and react quickly while graciously receiving feedback and adjusting copy as needed
- Develop creative headlines, salutations and copy that best conveys an idea or theme in words
- Write functional (business to client) memos and emails
- Assist content team in writing blog posts, advertorials or social copy as needed
- Responsible for thoroughly proofing/editing all client and bride-facing marketing communication for accuracy, grammar, spelling and style
- Writing and editing to the AP style standard
- Maintain brand voice throughout communications
- Work cross-departmentally to occasionally edit content for accuracy, grammar, spelling and style
- Willingness to work at the Headquarter in Zug. Homeoffice max. 1 day/week
What We Are Looking For
- Fluent in English and German, written and verbal
- Strong ability to write clear, engaging and cohesive messaging with target audience in mind
- The right culture fit is critical. Must be relationship-focused, agile, and not afraid to have fun!
- Must have the ability to work at a fast pace with a sense of hustle while remaining detail oriented
- A proven track record of writing effective and creative copy
- Must be curious and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ copywriting and translating experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus and will make your application more strongly considered but not required:
- Marketing Agency
- Bridal Industry
- Highly structured, strong attention to detail and a collaborative working style
- Respects the power and nuance of words, communications, and creativity
- Strong Team player, with ability to work autonomously as needed
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. We recognize and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. As such, we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills and drive to help us further our growth, please go to https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/ and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application.