Tamedia is the leading private media group in Switzerland. The digital platforms, daily and weekly newspapers and magazines of Tamedia offer overview, classification and selection. The company was founded in 1893 and employs a staff of approximately 3,400 in Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg and Serbia. It has been traded at the Swiss stock exchange since 2000.
Lead DevOps Engineer (f/m) 80-100%
As a Lead DevOps Engineer in the Digital Publishing & Development group, you will help us write the digital future of Tamedia. You will help to architect, design, deploy and run Switzerland's most important news sites and our proprietary CMS system which allows journalists to create the news.
- Do have a sense of when to give people a fish vs. when to teach them how to fish for themselves?!
- You are ready to provide leadership and management to a small team of DevOps engineers, embedded within the software engineering organization.
- You love tech, are watching as new things develop, and can help define the roadmap/strategy for DevOps for our various software products.
- You want to keep the production systems healthy, and step in when there are issues.
- Would you like to help software engineers learn to build for the cloud, and exploit the potential of the cloud ecosystem?!
If that applies to you please continue reading.
What you bring
What we bring
- You code, and you like to get your hands dirty.
- You know at least a couple of languages (c/c++, python, java, go, etc.)
- When faced with repetitive manual tasks, you quickly compare the time spent performing a task to the time spent automating the task.
- You like to understand how things work, and you enjoy solving problems.
- You know your way around *nix and shell-scripting.
- You know aws, kubernetes, varnish, CDNs, etc. in depth.
- You understand the tradeoffs in different cloud architectures, and can balance performance, scalability and cost.
- You have mastery over CI/CD tools and processes and are continually improving these.
- Our technology groups tend to use English as a lingua franca, but some German would come in handy.
Tamedia is transforming itself into a digital-first company, and you can help pave the way. The tools we build allow journalists to deliver news to millions of users. Our team works with microservices and messaging concepts; you can also expect an environment of clean code and clean unit tests.
There are over 300 other software engineers within Tamedia, meaning you will be able to access a large knowledge base and learn a great deal from your colleagues, whether that's in connection with an integration project with AWS, or the best table-tennis strategy. In addition to an awesome central location in Zurich, we also offer excellent social benefits. Come and join our family of friendly, smart geeks and a sheltie!
We look forward to your application Sena Saletic
Recruiter Apply online
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third - party agencies.
Frau Sena Saletic