122 Graphic Art / Design job offers
The NZZ - Media Group is one of the largest private media companies in Switzerland. It focuses on high-quality, independent journalism and represents liberal perspectives. Its products offers its readers daily information and inspiration.
The digital product team includes a passionate group of UX designers, UI designers and product managers, all of whom are on a mission to define the future of news in the German-speaking part of the world. In order to implement our digital product strategy and bring the understanding of our users' needs to the next level, we are looking for you starting immediately or by mutual agreement as:
Senior UI / Interaction Designer (f/m) 80-100%
- Design of mobile and web experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups, in close collaboration with cross-functional team members such as Product Managers, Developers, Researchers and other Designers
- Creation of prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and end users
- Creation of agile design specifications, supporting the development and evolution of existing design style-guides and components pattern libraries
- Stay up to date with UI trends, constantly suggesting how to improve experiences, interactions and workflows
- Education in Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related fields
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience of which 5 years as senior UI designer or product designer in a cross functional team.
- Solid technical understanding as well as documented experience with agile processes in the field of software development.
- Strong systematic thinking and ability to make and prototype solutions with the «fail fast» lean mindset
- Design and prototyping tools fluency (Figma / Marvel / InVision / Zeplin)
- Ability to convey and justify concepts and design to different co-workers and stakeholders
- Mobile mindset: Large interest in mobile web apps (iOS & Android) as well as basic technical knowledge of common web and app technologies
- Experience in the media industry is advantageous; the passion for the media industry is imperative
- Very good knowledge of English (level C1); good knowledge of German (level B1) is a plus
- A challenging and interesting employment in an environment of responsibility with extraordinary personal responsibility and the opportunity to make an active contribution to the digital transformation of one of the most well-known media brands in the German-speaking part of the world.
- An understanding of leadership that focuses on working together to create solutions based on transparent and understandable communication.
- High flexibility regarding the organization of working schedules and the opportunity to work from home.
- Excellent work environment: central office location "at the Bellevue" which is located in the heart of downtown Zurich - with a view of the opera house and the lake of Zurich - offering a wide range of shops and restaurants within walking distance.
Isabelle Liechti, HR Business Partner
+41 44 258 17 09